PS Chemist 2 (9734)
Our client, a leading Pacific Northwest utility provider committed to public service and environmental preservation, is looking for a Chemist for their Vancouver, Washington location. This position will be collaborating with other chemist who are supporting substation maintenance and environmental programs and projects! This individual with be providing testing services including insulation oil analysis, HazMat waste profile, environmental cleanup, and more. If you are a detail-oriented, experienced chemist who is looking for a new position in the utilities sector, then please apply today!
This position is a one-year renewable contract that includes employee benefits! If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities of Chemist
- Receive and process test samples, which includes logging samples into the tracking system and provide “change of custody” to customer.
- Perform oil quality tests, dissolved-gas-analysis tests, and PCB tests; analyze results, identify any unknown materials, and issue reports.
- Perform Chemical Waste Profile Analysis and Reporting; timely and accurately completed reporting is vital.
- Coordinate with field personnel for proper sampling, shipment and/or disposal of waste.
- Conduct various specialized tests on transformer insulating oil, e.g., furan, metal particle counts.
- Provide consultation on ASTM D27 (Electrical Insulating Liquids and Gases) methods and specifications as it pertains to the power industry.
- Provide recommendations on new product purchases for electrical insulating liquids from a chemical perspective.
- Perform general laboratory clean-up as well as regular sample containers cleaning.
- Repair and maintain laboratory equipment as is practical, escalating maintenance and repair needs as necessary.
- Participate in organization improvement efforts, assisting and recommending new or revised procedures, processes, or other initiatives to enhance efficiency and quality.
Requirements of Chemist
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry is required.
- 5+ years of applicable research and/or quality control chemistry experience is required.
- Demonstrated skill performing lab and field tests is required.
- Proven ability to interpret and apply applicable test standards to test samples is required.
- Working knowledge of dissolved-gas-analysis and knowledge of key gases is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of PCB analysis for both liquid and soil samples is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA) Hazardous Waste Regulations 40 CFR Part 261 is preferred.
- Knowledge of US Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations on shipping hazardous wastes.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
PS / 8765