Sr. Audit Manager
Our client, an Oregon-based company is seeking a self-motivated individual to lead our progressive audit team. Our fast-paced environment features challenging and rewarding work, strong teamwork, and a commitment to providing quality products and excellent customer service. Our Audit Manager will create processes, performs financial, compliance, and internal control audits, and related follow-up work to determine the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information, and compliance with laws and regulations. In addition, Internal Audit Manager will conduct Sarbane- Oxley, anticorruption, and antifraud control testing to determine the operating effectiveness of Company internal controls.
This position requires experience related to internal auditing standards, audit procedures, work paper
preparation, report writing, and generally accepted accounting principles. You will also conduct
assessment of existing control processes and develop recommendations for improvements that enhance
financial control and prevent potential monetary loss.
- Independently plan and execute financial, compliance, and operational audits, including risk
assessments, work paper preparation, and report drafting.
- Draft reports and discuss findings and recommendations with the Audit Director and business
- Test financial, anticorruption, and antifraud controls.
- Work with the company’s external auditors to complete assigned year-end test work.
- Complete inventory observations.
- Work under limited supervision with latitude for initiative and independent judgment.Perform other duties as assigned.
- Consistently maintain a professional demeanor and communicate in a respectful manner.
- Follow direction, be engaged, productive, driven, and flexible to changing conditions and
- Collaborate with and support other members of the Internal Audit team and company.
- Maintain punctual, regular, and reliable attendance.
- Demonstrate the company's core values and comply with all company policies and procedures
- Keeping current with developments in fields of expertise.
- Willing to travel up to 10% annually.
Scope and Accountability:
Work under the guidance of Internal Audit Managers and the Internal Audit Director.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with 5+ years audit experience, preferably in public accounting
or internal audit.
- CPA/CIA preferred.
- Working knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of accounting and auditing.
Ability to create clear, well organized, and accurate workpapers.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley control testing preferred.
- Effective project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Talent for learning quickly and understanding complicated processes and procedures.
- Independent worker able to plan, organize and manage time efficiently.
- Focused and self-motivated with ability to stay on task and on schedule.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to conduct yourself and to communicate in a manner to gain the respect and confidence
of employees at all levels from staff to senior management.
- Tactful and able to manage confidential and sensitive materials and information.