Lead SOX Analyst
The Lead SOX Analyst assists with executing all components of the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Internal Control Program lifecycle. This position will require frequent collaboration and communication with leaders and business control owners across the Company to continuously improve business processes and controls. Additionally, the Lead SOX Analyst will be responsible for completing ad hoc technical accounting and special project assignments.
- Collaborate with leaders and business process owners across the Company to plan, implement, coordinate, and execute all phases of SOX compliance. Includes assessing risks, leading walkthroughs, and identifying/validating key controls, developing test procedures, executing and documenting testing, and reporting results to SOX Compliance Manager.
- Update documentation including risk control matrix, process narratives, and internal controls as processes change.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors on their annual SOX testing plans and provide support to them to ensure timely and smooth completion of their audits.
- Assist with the facilitation of segregation of duties reviews for all IT users and business application users for in-scope systems.
- Identify opportunities for internal control improvements and communicate recommendations in clear, concise, actionable, and practical manner.
- If applicable, assist in the remediation of control deficiencies. Includes identifying root cause, identifying mitigating controls, evaluating the severity of findings, making recommendations for remediation, and coordinating with business process owners throughout the process of remediation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience with senior internal audit roles, or public accounting firm (Big 4 or national CPA firm preferred) with experience in financial statement audits and SOX 404 compliance.
- CPA certification is mandatory.
- Experience in managing a team is preferred.
- Limited travel may be required.