Our client in Portland, Oregon is seeking a Technical Writer. The position is currently remote with possibility of returning to the office in 2022. Fully remote candidates will be considered with the use of their own Equipment.
If you think you would be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities of Technical Writer:
- Strategy for updating and managing software and platform engineering documentation in Confluence
- Update /maintain existing documentation, and create new documentation to onboard engineers for CCS Engineering
- Create and deploy process for ensuring documentation is current and correct
- Work with team members, team leads, or technology/service SMEs to understand how Janus platform, services and applications work, and how to onboard and educate new engineers about these areas.
Required Skills and Experience of Technical Writer:
- Demonstrate understanding of technology environments and platforms, as well as software development process
- Demonstrate strong technical writing skills
- Demonstrate strong ability to distill complicated, technical messages into consumer-friendly language.
- Ideally the candidate will have 2-3 years’ experience working with, and knowledge of, cloud-based (e.g. AWS) technologies, distributed technologies, and modern development stacks and workflows; one does not necessarily need to know how to code services or configure systems, but one should have a solid conceptual foundation of said technologies and modern software development principles and practices.
- Ideal candidate will be able to write and edit documentation – not just from a nuts and bolts (a-z type of) descriptive point of view, but also from the point of view of a user (developer, manager, customer) who wants to get a particular job done with said service, application, or system.
Specific technologies to be used and level of proficiency:
- Atlassian tools (Confluence primarily) - advanced
- AWS cloud experience – moderate or better (Azure, GCP okay too)
- Lucid Chart – basic or better (other drawing tools such as Visio)
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
AP / 9383 ($TBD)