Manager, Software Engineering
Our client, headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon (a suburb of Portland, Oregon), is the recognized worldwide leader in integrated risk and compliance management software and services. We are partnering with them to assist in the search for their next Manager, Software Engineering. This is a direct hire role and is fully remote, with the expectation that candidates will be available and willing to work West Coast hours. Our client’s engineers are changing how organizations work around the world by developing leading product solutions for corporate compliance and corporate governance. Their environment is fast paced and needs your outstanding knowledge to lead a team of software and quality assurance engineers in delivering products that stay a step in front of their customer’s needs and two steps ahead of their competition.
- Coach, mentor and inspire a team of 6-8 Software and QA Engineers to exceed their potential while delivering a new standard for quality software.
- Help define and maintain the Company’s development policies and standards.
- Hold team member’s accountable to defined processes and agreed upon priorities.
- Manage third party vendor, consulting and contract resources.
- Consistently strive to improve team effectiveness.
- Work closely with product owners to prioritize and manage the product development backlog.
- Acting in a Scrum Master role, facilitate the successful execution of software projects.
- Assess project issues and risks and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and business goals.
- Work closely with other departments, including marketing, client services, technology and other teams to coordinate tasks, schedules, dependencies and resources for major product releases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience managing product development projects. Experience managing SaaS based web application projects that are consumer facing a plus.
- 3+ years of experience directly managing a team of technical resources including software engineers, quality assurance engineers and technical writers.
- 2+ years of experience in a Scrum Master role with thorough understanding of Agile software development practices (Scrum Master Certification a plus).
- Demonstrated understanding of software architectures, software lifecycle methodology and SaaS environments.
- Proven expertise creating and leading initiatives, building relationships with key players and fostering/managing relationships across multiple departments.
- Experience with story estimation, sprint planning and release management.
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.