Our client, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is seeking an experienced As an Application Architect on our Product Engineering team, you will join a team that shares a passion for designing and developing quality software, embracing new technologies and delivering powerful products that help our customers protect their reputation and bottom line.
If you think you would be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities of the position:
- Guide the development team in the creation of the application solutions.
- Work with development teams in creating application solutions.
- Provide continuity in all major application solution decisions.
- Determine how technology can be applied to meet the business needs.
- Actively manage the evaluation, selection, and application of architecture components to create an integrated portfolio of applications which deliver maximum business value in line with enterprise strategy and standards.
- Support strategic approaches and maintain alignment of development projects with enterprise strategic direction.
- Design and document enterprise-wide architectures and frameworks.
- Take ownership of challenging development projects/tasks and bring creativity to your deliverables.
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications.
- Effectively communicate and oversee specific application design with development teams
- Apply design concepts – layered architectures, components, interfaces, messaging and patterns for enterprise solutions.
Competencies & Experience Required:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of Software Engineering experience including 5+ years experience architecting, developing, deploying and supporting complex applications in an enterprise environment.
- Hands-on application development experience, with a broad knowledge of development platforms, languages and technologies.
- The ability to work across a wide range of disciplines including Web User Interfaces, Mobile Devices, Web Services, and Application Services
- Knowledge of following technologies:
- Angular/React JS and front end development
- Node.js, C# .Net, MVC etc.
- SQL/NoSQL and related databases (SQL Server, Mongo DB, Dynamo DB)
- AWS services for enterprise architectures and IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
- Microservice architecture
- CMI5, xAPI, AICC and SCORM a preferred, but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to collaborate with people.
- Experience engaging with people across a variety of levels with diverse backgrounds.
- A commitment to do the right things right.
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
AP / 9498 ($143k)