Web Identity & Access Management Engineer I-II
Web Identity and Access Management Engineer I-II
Location: Portland, OR (Full remote is okay)
Work Authorization: We cannot offer sponsorship at this time.
Position Type: 6 Month Contract to Hire
Primary Job Purpose:
Participates in a team environment and installing, configuring and supporting application platform infrastructure technologies such as Web Servers, Application Servers, Messaging Engines and Directory Services. These technologies are leveraged to support the development and ongoing sustainment of applications created to meet the client's business needs. This position provides technical, interpersonal, and administrative skills in performing day to day work.
- Design and deploy web access management solutions (WAM) for web applications using SSO management tools
- Implement federated single sign-on with SaaS vendors and external business partners using federated single sign-on protocols (SAML, OpenID Connect, JWT Auth).
- Fix web application issues relating to the application user access control flows.
- Participate with software architects and developers to provide design and solutions for the web application access management (login/logout, change password, reset password, account lockout, session time-out, MFA).
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a multi-platform environment.
- A minimum of 1 years in the specific product(s) being supported by the position.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in at least one of the following types of software products: web servers, application servers, messaging engines, directory servers, web authentication, identity management, web analytics, search engines and content management.
- Must understand how applications interface with infrastructure.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic network infrastructure including DMZs, load balancers and firewalls and how they apply to applications and projects.
- Demonstrated experience translating business needs into technical solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in developing product standards.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with vendors to solve product problems and driving the vendor to resolution in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work with other technical teams to troubleshoot problems.
- Must be able to develop positive relationships and communicate effectively with clients, coworkers and management.
- Must be able to work with minimum direction and plan his/her own work.
- Must be able to take direction from others in analyzing and solving software product issues and problems.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and document small to large product upgrades.
- May require experience with CA SiteMinder.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field. Appropriate additional experience beyond the minimum required experience may be substituted for education.
- Manage SSO solutions with Symantec SiteMinder and Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- Expected duties include but are not limited to; software installation, upgrade, patches, fixing problems, performance tuning, and documentation.
- Installs and configures software products in support of business processes and objectives.
- Expected duties include but are not limited to; software installation, upgrade, and patches; troubleshooting; performance tuning; and documentation.
- Adheres to technical and architecture standards, production implementation standards, regular status reporting, regular participation in team meetings, regular one on one meetings with manager and team lead, and providing work estimates and regular time tracking.
- Takes ownership of technical problems and solutions and see them through to completion.
- Works under the general direction of assigned “Lead”, and /or “Manager”.
- Provides administration and support documentation.
- Participates as a subject matter expert (SME).
- Must have personal organization skills, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Actively seeks ways to maximize the efficiency of themselves and their team.
- Analyzes current information technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Shares technical knowledge which makes everyone on the team perform better, gain higher compliance to industry technical standards and makes systems more efficient and maintainable.
- Prepares individual reports activities, tasks, milestones, deliverables, schedules, and status reports, as appropriate.
- Participates in the research and estimating of proposed work
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.