Sr. Buyer (6 open roles)
Our client, a global leader in car and truck manufacturers, is looking for an experience Buyer to join their fast-paced, growing Procurement Department! In this position, you’ll be instrumental in strategic sourcing decisions, optimizing of supplier performances based on cost, quality, and delivery. We are looking for someone who thrives in multi-regional and international teams using top-tier negotiation, entrepreneurial, technical, and analytical skills. If you are a pro-active, driven, self-starting procurement professional, looking to be a part of a rising corporation, then please apply today!
Location: Portland – Hybrid Model
Salary Range: $80k – 95k
Responsibilities of Buyer:
- Manage commodities to develop and execute strategic direction for sourcing of Cab Components ($120 Million in annual buy)
- Grant new parts to suppliers to meet timelines, analyzing total business case including price, logistics, quality, delivery, and strategic direction for the commodities
- Oversee raw material agreements with suppliers.
- Negotiate on-going commercial agreements with suppliers to drive overall cost savings and long-term cost stability
- Resolve commercial operational issues in a timely manner with suppliers including pricing and contractual terms
- Support cross functional team members for supplier sourcing topics
- Create quality presentations and present to senior leadership as needed.
- Build and retain good networking relationships (both internal and external)
- Align strategy and opportunities with similar Purchasing Agents
Requirements of Buyer:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 6+ years of relevant buyer/procurement experience is required
- 10 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree is accepted.
- Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Project Management, or related field is highly preferred.
- Must have advance MS Excel and MS PowerPoint experience/knowledge.
- Proven ability to analyze, organize, and summarize large amounts of data into simple or key terms is required.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills is required.
- Previous experience working with suppliers is required.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to make recommendation to upper management is required.
- Strong skill in meeting tight timelines.
- Previous automotive experience is highly preferred.
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
KG / BH #9656