Business Analyst 2 (10173)
Business Analyst 2
Our client, a leading Pacific Northwest utility provider committed to public service and environmental preservation, is looking for a Business Analyst for their Portland, Oregon or Vancouver, Washington location. This position will provide support for management team(s) and business reporting. This Business Analyst position will provide analyst expertise, assistance and support to management and business stakeholders, and will facilitate gathering and analyzing information using standard tools and approaches to:
- Support ongoing data reporting (using Excel, Power BI, etc.)
- Update forms (standard contracting documents)
- NSS SharePoint administration
- InfoPath Form support
- Records Maintenance
- Clarify business operations/functions
- Perform gap analysis
- Document/map the current and future states
- This position will also help draft and support the implementation of various project plans
This position is a one-year contract with the opportunity to renew on an annual basis. It also includes employee benefits! If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities of Business Analyst:
- Provide ongoing data reporting and periodic ad-hoc reporting to support procurement operations.
- Perform data manipulation as needed, based on queries and report outputs.
- Respond to routine inquiries about reports and data from stakeholders and forward more complex inquiries to appropriate parties.
- Interpret and summarize data in a non-technical fashion for stakeholders.
- Administer SharePoint sites
- Follow established methodologies and processes to document and analyze aspects of the current state or future (end) state and recommend steps to close identified gaps.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a comprehensive format.
- Provide trend analysis, identify process variance to gain understanding from the actual underlying root cause.
- Prepare professional-grade charts, graphs and reports from data obtained through various sources.
- Identify, analyze, and implement management-approved reporting enhancements which improve operational results.
- Administer Quality Review tools (MS InfoPath forms) in SharePoint and other related databases, and partner with IT on implementation of approved enhancements.
- Support Quality Assurance Officers by assisting with documentation of audit results and completion/submission of reports to managers that meet established deadlines.
- Participate in working sessions with a small group of analysts who will plan and facilitate the analysis and documentation of current-state processes and potential (recommended) future-state processes for maturing elements within the procurement lifecycle.
- Draft and conduct presentations of key requirements of potential (recommended) future-state processes to facilitate decision-making and obtain management approval as well as acceptance / buy-in across the procurement organization.
- Confirm business requirements with stakeholders, and business process flow is LEAN in the future-state.
- Draft an implementation plan for the future-state processes that will enable quality and compliant outcomes.
- Provide oral, written or in-person communication to present process requirement and change impact(s), with a wide variety of technical and business experts in both individual and group settings.
- Draft templates and tools to support the procurement process value stream.
- Provide analysis and fact-based criteria to the requirements vetting process.
- Draft key project deliverable documents including requirements, process diagrams, workflow maps, project plans, and change management plans.
- Work with appropriate manager / personnel to facilitate resolution of conflicting priorities and requirements, as well as conflicting team positions in order to build consensus among stakeholders and project team members.
Requirements of Business Analyst:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management, Organizational Development or a related discipline is preferred.
- With an applicable bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associates Degree, 7 years of experience is required.
- Without a degree, 9 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- Experience Microsoft InfoPath & SharePoint sufficient to understand how data is presented using Industry best practices, best practices for administration of sites and permissions structures for large teams. Knowledge of web part creation, document library set up and workflows and how SharePoint interacts with other software solutions.
- Experience applying methodology to process improvement and optimization efforts across multiple business units within a defined enterprise.
- Experience performing and documenting root cause analysis and recommendation.
- Proficiency using the following software:
- Microsoft Access and Microsoft Project sufficient to understand how the underlying data is stored and arranged. The selected candidate will not be expected to build Access Databases or Create MSP Schedules but a basic understanding of both is required to help with mapping processes.
- Visio flowcharts sufficient to create complex flow charts and process maps that represent current and future state processes.
- Valid US Driver’s license
Candidates meeting above requirements can potentially gain an advantage with experience in the following:
- Demonstrated Lean or Six Sigma management support including process analysis experience.
- Knowledge, experience or education related to Procurement Management and Analysis for the Energy industry.
- Knowledge and experience using the Project Management standards as documented in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Experience in modeling/mapping business process requirements, verification of deliverables.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
AP 9754 ($39-44)