Technical Accounting Supervisor
- Support the preparation and review of external reporting documents filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including drafting, change control management, and filing of Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and DEF 14A (definitive proxy statement), as well as other compliance filings.
- Contribute to the preparation and review of investor presentation materials.
- Research and document technical accounting positions including preparing internal memorandums and analyses for review by Finance management and the Company’s external auditors.
- Aid the Company’s lease accounting, share-based compensation accounting, and other equity-related activities.
- Possess enhanced technical writing abilities including concise documentation of constructs, accounting guidance, interpretations, and conclusions.
- Provide consultation to other Finance, Accounting, and Operations personnel on the financial accounting and reporting implications of contracts, transactions, and events.
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
Internal Control Responsibilities
Responsible for coordination of and compliance with SEC financial reporting Section 302 and 906 certifications. Maintains current knowledge of internal control changes and is involved with refinement of internal control processes. Encourages the reporting and remediation of control violations. Strives for continuous improvement within operations. Challenges conventional thinking to obtain the most efficient solutions to issues. Utilizes best practices, benchmarks, and metrics to improve organization.
This position operates within broad parameters and is involved in applying accounting principles and other specialized expertise to solve complex accounting and reporting problems. The position requires comfort with authoritative and interpretive accounting guidance pertinent to industrial manufacturers. The position requires interfacing with personnel at all levels of the Company, including across business lines and departments within the organization. The position involves routine interaction with the Company’s internal and external auditors on technical accounting, SEC reporting, and other corporate accounting matters, as well as familiarity with how internal and external auditors apply procedures to the range of management assertions reflected in financial statements of public companies.