Administrative Services Assistant 3
Portland, OR - Added Jan 8th, 2019Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Administrative Services Assistant 3
A local power company is looking to add an Administrative Services Assistant to their talented team in Portland! This role will provide a wide variety of professional and confidential administrative support to various teams and also provide back-up support to a Tier II position. This role will support staff and managers in coordinating a broad range of company activities that are accomplished by a variety of individuals. This is a fun and professional team that works hard and celebrates successes. The person in this role should be adept at tailoring communication styles for different team members and respond well to humor. The pace of work ranges from active to highly-active, depending on the time of year and when any unplanned needs/requests come in. If this role sounds appealing and aligns with your experience, please read further and consider applying today.
- Provide a wide variety of confidential administrative/clerical tasks for the managers and staff for the assigned organization, managers and support staff.
- Create draft, edit, and proof documents, correspondence, research, and presentations using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Build, maintain and post Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations to SharePoint sites.
- Proof, review, and when applicable, draft, correspondence and documents prepared for manager signature and validate conformance of the established administrative policies and regulations, confirm proper coordination and timely compliance with assigned action.
- Provide recommendations and instructions to staff to maintain conformance with general policies and correspondence procedures.
- Attend meetings, record meeting minutes as requested, transcribe and disseminate as needed.
- Maintain a tracking system of action items to verify timely compliance with scheduled responses or actions. Coordinate and monitor work unit responses to time-critical documents; alert manager/personnel of any concerns or response delays.
- Come up to speed quickly on manager and organizational priorities in order to track meetings, work, and delegated projects or tasks to maintain accountability, confirming established targets are met.
- Serve as liaison between organizations, work units, and management support staff. Keep up to date on issues, priorities, and sensitivities affecting the work of the organization through consistent communication with the manager, frequent interaction with other managers, and outside contacts.
- Coordinate with and provide administrative guidance to lower-level contract support personnel; may delegate assignments to lower level contract administrative personnel at the request of the manager.
- Proactively coordinate managers’ daily Outlook calendars and schedules with full responsibility for scheduling and prioritizing Tier III and IV managers’ appointments, meetings, conferences, and calendar:
- Designated as a proxy for the DOE performance management system. Coordinate and assist managers with development of annual managers’ and employees’ performance appraisal plans by assisting in implementing, completing, and tracking documentation management. Schedule and track to completion all managers’ and employees’ progress reviews, performing associated follow-up to obtain required signatures and approvals. Apply strong familiarity with the manager’s performance contract to prioritize and track meetings, work, and delegated projects or tasks to maintain accountability and to assist in ensuring established targets are met.
- Arrange travel (domestic, invitational and foreign), such as airline arrangements, hotel accommodations, and rental car and shuttle reservations, for Manager, Lead and staff as needed.
- Assist with scheduling interviews through Fieldglass; preparing interview packets for assigned manager(s).
- Manage all records in accordance with the Information Governance & Lifecycle Management (IGLM) policy and procedure and compliance requirements.
- Assist Community Relations staff with assembling and creating classroom educational kits as well as scheduling the distribution of the kits. Kits must be assembled, checked for accuracy, and shipped to classroom volunteers in a timely manner in conjunction with tracking the kits’ return through a pre-determined tracking system (Excel, SharePoint, etc.)
- Assist staff members by attending special events in a support role, facilitating sign-in or registration processes or participating in outreach events to include public meetings, celebrations and/or dedications, fair and festival participation, Science Bowl or other STEM events. This may involve manning booths, erecting pop-up tents, setting up tables and tabletop displays and carrying boxes of printed promotional materials.
- Maintain online Public Comment Site by entering information to establish a comment period, checking each comment category several times daily and creating a close-out document for each category (training required and provided).
- Maintain mailing lists for the National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA) projects and/or other business line projects (Power/Transmission/EFW). Solicit contact information from NEPA or other Subject Matter Experts to develop a mailing list for project letters or notifications.
- Assist manager in the reconciling of purchase card and convenience check statements in Asset Suite. This involves monitoring monthly receipts for purchased items, validating each receipt has the appropriate work order listed, developing a spreadsheet capturing the charges and work orders and entering data into the Asset Suite system (training required and offered).
- Maintain online tracking spreadsheets and calendars for staff: spreadsheets could include planning calendars, staff milestone lists, and project tracking lists.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates Degree in Secretarial Science, Administrative Management or related field is preferred.
- 6 years of demonstrated administrative/clerical experience is required.
- 4 or more years of relevant work experience in administrative support functions with Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook (Microsoft Office 2010 proficiency required).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: AE34799018