Database Administrator II
Portland, OR - Added Jan 24th, 2019Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Database Administrator II
How would you feel about working for a mission-driven nonprofit company that creates assessment solutions for students and educators? This reputable business has developed software that is used in over 9,500 schools and 145 different countries is looking for an experienced Database Administrator to join their IT team in a direct-hire position! In this role you will be responsible for leading the direction for all the company’s database technology environments as well as working within the Product Engineering team to provide support for the test and production of said database environments. This will be done to ensure availability, reliability, scalability, backup, recovery and performance. Additionally, as the Database Engineer you will be expected to participate in 24x7 on-call support rotation. Ideally this business is hoping to bring on someone that is located in the Portland area however are willing to pay for relocation and/or will consider the option of you working remotely if your skillsets are in sync with what they are looking for. If this sounds like a position that interests you, then please continue reading!
- Install, configure, and test new database configurations as well as perform version upgrades of existing databases.
- Install, upgrade and maintain all database-related server and administration software.
- Perform database profiling, optimization, and analysis of proposed schema changes as needed.
- Proactively monitor activity, utilization, exceptions and database health
- Collaborate with team members to create, publish and maintain database deployment methods and procedures for databases
- Work closely with project teams to ensure project success; coordinate product releases, data structure evolution, and manage and synchronize data promotions between development, test and production environments
- Act as a point of escalation and resolution for data-related issues
- Provide advanced technical support for delivery teams and developers working with databases
- Must have a minimum of 1-year experience managing Mongo Database Analysis and PostgreSQL, including administering servers 1 terabyte or higher in a enterprise level environment.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience supporting a SaaS platform as a Linux professional.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with AWS Management (particularly DynamoDB and RDS), Puppet, Hiera, New Relic, Nagios, Git, Foreman, Jenkins, Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket).
- Exposure to and understanding of VMware virtualization.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, diagnostic skills and technical aptitude
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: KS163778124