System Administrator 3
Portland, OR - Added Feb 1st, 2019Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
System Administrator 3
Would you like to work for one of the leading utility companies in the Pacific Northwest? Our client is looking to a hire add an experienced System Administrator for a 1 year contract position. This position will play an integral role in building the authentication and authorization environment, planning for and managing capacity and providing Domain support services, all while adhering to the company established Cyber Security policies. If this is a role you feel you would be interested in pursuing, then continue reading and please apply!
- Research and document standardized technical procedures for the deployment and troubleshooting of server hardware, the associated operating systems and application software.
- Perform system vulnerability assessments using vendor native (MS SCT) and third party tools (Nessus), recommending mitigation options based on risk of exploit after consideration of environmental factors.
- Perform risk assessments regularly and when vulnerabilities are identified on operational network equipment, such as computer systems devices and various software packages.
- Act as a service response escalation point, working with teams of varying technical ability in response to service availability and/or performance related incidents.
- Provide recommendations for procedural changes that may become necessary due to environmental changes and upgrades.
- Support disaster recovery by verifying continuous availability of domain services such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS.
- Serve as a technical advisory for project and service response.
- Apply the aforementioned processes in support of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft IPAM/DHCP/DNS, Microsoft ADFS, Microsoft DFS, Microsoft Public Key Infrastructure solutions, hardware security module support for protection of private keys.
- Provide technical input as a non-voting participant, for potential acquisitions in area of expertise.
- Provide systems administration support for any new systems added to the companies IT infrastructure, assisting with testing, configuration, integration and implementation efforts.
- Conduct User training on an individual or group basis as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Information Technology or a closely related technical discipline is preferred.
- 10+ years previous directly-related IT infrastructure administration experience is required without a degree
- 6+ years of experience with an applicable Bachelor’s degree. Each applicable college degree will count towards 2 years of experience.
- 5 Years of knowledge and experience sufficient to administer disparate Active Directory domains and services necessary to support these domains such as DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS.
- 7 Years of knowledge of and experience sufficient to successfully troubleshoot Windows operating systems using text-based logs, windows event logs, and various utilities.
- 5 Years of knowledge of and experience with TCP/IP and related services.
- 5 Years knowledge of and experience with LDAP and integration of non-Windows based devices into an Active Directory environment for the purposes of centralized authentication.
- 2 Years knowledge and experience of Active Directory Federation services as well as federated identity concepts to support authentication in a SaaS environment.
- The following skills are are preferred.
- Direct experience operating an enterprise cyber vulnerability scanning and assessment infrastructure such as Nessus.
- Experience configuring and managing systems using Puppet Enterprise.
- Strong knowledge and experience with PowerShell to automate processes, gather information and make infrastructure configuration changes.
- Windows operating system and software packaging, installation, and troubleshooting.
- VMware vSphere administration and operation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: KS5823221