A PNW owned bank in Tacoma, WA is looking for a talented Administrative Specialist to add to their ambitious team! This company is looking for someone who can provide administrative support to a larger department within the company. The ideal candidate is someone who takes pride in being diligent in their work, has a strong background in data and technical writing, and can embrace the company’s vision of being one of the top banks in the industry!
Administrative Specialist Duties
- Aids in coordinating project, program, or customer service activities. Assists with coordinating day-to-day activities with other departments.
- Performs data entry and keyboards standard correspondence, reports, memos, etc.; collects and compiles data for various reports. Prepares standard forms and reports.
- Receives and directs incoming calls and visitors. Takes messages, determines needs, answers general questions or routes to the appropriate department or individual.
- Attends meetings and records proceedings, prepares minutes in final form and distributes. Schedules facility use, creates meeting agendas, packets, and reports.
- Supports established department workflows in an administrative or clerical capacity.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
Administrative Specialist Requirements
- Requires completion of high school, vocational training, or equivalent.
- Two years administrative, customer service and problem-solving experience.
- Knowledge of administrative, customer service and problem-solving practices and office procedures.
- Specialized experience, reading, writing, and basic arithmetic skills – technical writing a plus!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status